Mattress Warehouse Warranty Rip-off!

2 of 11 Mattress Warehouse reviews

Update added by user Dec 31, 2015

I've marked this issue as 'resolved' because our new mattress was delivered today. I did get assistance from a local attorney who intervened on my behalf...immediately after that my complaint was 'reviewed' and deemed worthy of replacement.

I'm still NOT a satisfied customer; but did get resolution.

Original review posted by user Dec 22, 2015

In April 2011, we purchased a top of the line Serta California King mattress from Mattress Warehouse in Eldersburg, MD with a 15 year warranty. We specifically asked at the time whether they had a history of sagging or 'channeling' and were assured that was not the case but if it did, they would replace it.

In August 2015, I started the Warranty Claim process which includes completing a form and scheduling an 'inspector' to visit my home to measure and evaluate the mattress. Due to travel and other complications, the inspector did not see the mattress until Nov. 2015 at which time he took measurements, photos and completed a report so that Mattress Warehouse issued me a letter on 27 November 2015 agreeing to replace the mattress with a similar new model or give me $1640 toward another mattress. My wife and I chose the full no cost replacement (with $99 delivery fee) and scheduled the delivery for 21 Dec. 2015. When the two delivery drivers got there, they claimed the mattress had a 'stain' that they photoed with their cell phone and sent to the warehouse where it was immediately determined that the 'stain' voided the entire warranty and therefore, I was not entitled to the new mattress. I'm frankly, not even sure they had my new mattress on the truck...it felt like this was a regular ploy to simply not honor the warranty. I tried calling the warehouse and customer service for help but was told repeatedly that there was nothing they could do to help. The store was equally unresponsive. I'm not trying other legal means to resolve this but you can guarantee that if I buy another mattress it will not be from Mattress Warehouse or any of their affiliated brands.

I've attached a photo of the mattress...see any 'stain'?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Refusal to honor warranty

Reason of review:
Warranty issue
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Serta California King Mattress
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #756392 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Mattress Warehouse? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
2 of 11 Mattress Warehouse reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.