Update added by user Dec 31, 2015
I've marked this issue as 'resolved' because our new mattress was delivered today. I did get assistance from a local attorney who intervened on my behalf...immediately after that my complaint was 'reviewed' and deemed worthy of replacement.
I'm still NOT a satisfied customer; but did get resolution.
Original review posted by user Dec 22, 2015
In April 2011, we purchased a top of the line Serta California King mattress from Mattress Warehouse in Eldersburg, MD with a 15 year warranty. We specifically asked at the time whether they had a history of sagging or 'channeling' and were assured that was not the case but if it did, they would replace it.
In August 2015, I started the Warranty Claim process which includes completing a form and scheduling an 'inspector' to visit my home to measure and evaluate the mattress. Due to travel and other complications, the inspector did not see the mattress until Nov. 2015 at which time he took measurements, photos and completed a report so that Mattress Warehouse issued me a letter on 27 November 2015 agreeing to replace the mattress with a similar new model or give me $1640 toward another mattress. My wife and I chose the full no cost replacement (with $99 delivery fee) and scheduled the delivery for 21 Dec. 2015. When the two delivery drivers got there, they claimed the mattress had a 'stain' that they photoed with their cell phone and sent to the warehouse where it was immediately determined that the 'stain' voided the entire warranty and therefore, I was not entitled to the new mattress. I'm frankly, not even sure they had my new mattress on the truck...it felt like this was a regular ploy to simply not honor the warranty. I tried calling the warehouse and customer service for help but was told repeatedly that there was nothing they could do to help. The store was equally unresponsive. I'm not trying other legal means to resolve this but you can guarantee that if I buy another mattress it will not be from Mattress Warehouse or any of their affiliated brands.
I've attached a photo of the mattress...see any 'stain'?
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Original purchase in 2011
What I disliked
- Refusal to honor warranty
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Serta California King Mattress
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Purchased the piece of furniture in 2008 in the Jacksonville Florida store. We were told that it would last us a lifetime. We were also told that the extended 5..."
- "I have had my Natuzzi leather sofa and recliner for 10 years. We just moved and my wife insisted on new leather because of the color of our Natuzzi. She..."
- "This is how my pillow looked after just six months......I washed it after 3 weeks and the case never came clean....The fillings started to unravel inside....I felt it getting smaller..."
- "Carpet install on (2) sets of 5 steps, pieced together, cut wrong, installed using 2 different methods, missing padding. Luxury vinyl tile install, installer cut new flooring on top of..."
- "This is horrible lines so long now that they have electronic teller. Once the money fell out of drive thru and had to pull up track down some $20's on..."
- "Bought a Porsche Design watch P6612. It was supposed to have a 7750 engine but instead and have a cheaper version of that, a 2800 series. After calling customer service..."
- "Please Do NOT PURCHASE from this company. I purchased several items, clothing received was STAINED and jumpsuit was not as described as on website. The most frustrating part of this..."
- "This the 3rd times happened to. Always wrong items i am receiving. The first one wrong item i ordered 1 set of (6pcs)lagguage bag but its came to me different..."
- "why is it that when i upgrade defences a few days later i have to upgrade again on same defence once i have maxed it for its town hall level..."