Update added by user Dec 31, 2015
I've marked this issue as 'resolved' because our new mattress was delivered today. I did get assistance from a local attorney who intervened on my behalf...immediately after that my complaint was 'reviewed' and deemed worthy of replacement.
I'm still NOT a satisfied customer; but did get resolution.
Original review posted by user Dec 22, 2015
In April 2011, we purchased a top of the line Serta California King mattress from Mattress Warehouse in Eldersburg, MD with a 15 year warranty. We specifically asked at the time whether they had a history of sagging or 'channeling' and were assured that was not the case but if it did, they would replace it.
In August 2015, I started the Warranty Claim process which includes completing a form and scheduling an 'inspector' to visit my home to measure and evaluate the mattress. Due to travel and other complications, the inspector did not see the mattress until Nov. 2015 at which time he took measurements, photos and completed a report so that Mattress Warehouse issued me a letter on 27 November 2015 agreeing to replace the mattress with a similar new model or give me $1640 toward another mattress. My wife and I chose the full no cost replacement (with $99 delivery fee) and scheduled the delivery for 21 Dec. 2015. When the two delivery drivers got there, they claimed the mattress had a 'stain' that they photoed with their cell phone and sent to the warehouse where it was immediately determined that the 'stain' voided the entire warranty and therefore, I was not entitled to the new mattress. I'm frankly, not even sure they had my new mattress on the truck...it felt like this was a regular ploy to simply not honor the warranty. I tried calling the warehouse and customer service for help but was told repeatedly that there was nothing they could do to help. The store was equally unresponsive. I'm not trying other legal means to resolve this but you can guarantee that if I buy another mattress it will not be from Mattress Warehouse or any of their affiliated brands.
I've attached a photo of the mattress...see any 'stain'?
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
- Original purchase in 2011
What I disliked
- Refusal to honor warranty
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Serta California King Mattress
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "First, let me start off by adding that we owned a leather couch for almost 8 years prior to this new purchase. We decided to upgrade to a recliner sectional..."
- "10-17-14. Went to American Freights, North Memorial Pkwy,Huntsville Al, Store...I picked sofa, loveseat, recliner for my disabled mother. .I took pictures of the furniture I picked and forwarded pics..to my..."
- "This is the worst place that may have to buy furniture ,horrible experience see pictures..."
- "My insurance company reccommend this servicemaster company as a program provider for a water damage i had. Poor communication from the office, i don;t think the lady in the office..."
- "took my tundra in for a few dents and broken window on the passenger side. after two weeks the truck wasn't finished no calls so i finally went in and..."
- "On March 30th Janet Hare of Brio Fragrance ordered an assortment of tassels from our company using a Purchase Order. (Invoice and Purchase order to be posted here on update)After..."
- "I always had a dream to buy one of the Lexus RX350 Model i bought this SUV used from Lexus dealership Hartford Connecticut and is one of the worst dealership..."
- "Purchased the Olivia doll house twin over full on December 7th mid day and went next door to Denver mattress and purchased mattresses and accessories needed to go with it...."
- "I requested a quote, which they gave but were really pushy over the phone. I sent off my PS4 to have the fan fixed. Hardly heard a thing from them..."